Swimming, going to the beach, staying up late, and sleeping in are ending around our house. Why, you ask? Well, I cannot believe it, but summer will quickly be over. It is time to begin thinking about what will be needed for this year’s homeschooling.
Making a checklist is the way I like to get organized. I work best with something to keep me on track, so thought I would share my checklist with you. Maybe someone else will benefit from reading it.
- Get the house back in order.
- Start making everyone go to bed a little earlier each week so that we will be on schedule when school begins.
- Make a list of general supplies needed–markers, paper, pencils, glue, tape, pens, binders…
- Ask my kids what they are interested in learning this year. When they have input into what we learn, they are more willing to do the work.
- Look at the homeschool curriculum choices, read curriculum reviews, order samples or look at demos on the Internet.
- Fill out my Intent to Homeschool notice.
- Set up a family school calendar for the year. I keep field trips, co-op classes, attendance form dates, homeschool group meetings, and more on the calendar.
- Shop for used curriculum once I make a decision on what I want to use.
- Relax, breathe, and drink lots of coffee!