Third grader social studies, children learn about Vikings. So, today I thought I would give you a few fun ideas for getting started.
- Who were the Vikings? Neat free site.
- After exposure to a little Viking history, create a comic strip about a day in the life of a Viking. It is really fun if your child creates his comic strip online using the free site, ToonDoo. Choose to make your comic strip about the daily life of a man, woman or child Viking. Help your child brainstorm to come up with ideas before beginning the activity.
- Compare your life to that of a Viking at this free site.
- Rune was a type of communication for Vikings. Try writing your name in Rune.
- Explore a Viking board game.
- Make a Viking helmet.
- Make a tiny Viking ship to put in a bottle.
- Make a Viking costume.